The Ormond Group LLC provides a wide range of consulting, policy, and communication services to meet a variety of client needs. Learn more below.
POLICY DEVELOPMENT & ADVOCACY
Our in-depth knowledge of energy and environmental issues allows us to be a strong and persuasive advocate for our clients’ positions and policies.
PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION/
• Assess the political landscape
• Research policy history
• Draft regulatory language
• Write testimony and comments
• Testify before public utility commissions
• Identify and work with legislative sponsors
• Draft and review legislation proposals
• Negotiate with legislators and stakeholders
• Review and advise on legislation and amendments
• Testify in committee
Whether guiding a single conversation or multi-year process, the Ormond Group LLC works to achieve the desired outcome by creating collaborations that are inclusive and build lasting relationships among participants.
• Coordinate small to large stakeholder groups to develop consensus positions, respond to an issue, or for shared learning.
• Manage public participation processes to obtain input on the use of public lands, siting of electric transmission or generation projects, and policy development.
• Mediation of issues to reach mutual resolution among parties.
COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
As a 30-year advocate for clean energy, transmission, regional market development, appropriate siting of renewable projects and stakeholder engagement in policy development, the Ormond Group LLC provides our clients with:
• MESSAGE DEVELOPMENT - Creating concepts, writing position papers and talking points, and developing strategy tailored to target audience.
• TECHNICAL TRANSLATION - Simplifying and explaining complex, technical energy topics in lay terms for non-technical audiences.
• PROFESSIONAL REPRESENTATION - Engagement in policy, regulatory, government and industry forums.
• CONVENINGS AND CONFERENCES - Designing content to educate a target audience and empower decision-making.